The UK VTS Association seeks to develop and establish itself as a professional body within the maritime community for qualified Vessel Traffic Services personnel in the United Kingdom.
The Association aims to:
- Encourage and promote the highest standards of knowledge, competence and qualifications among personnel responsible for VTS and Local Port Services.
- Establish and maintain appropriate educational and professional standards of Membership.
- Co-operate with the Competent Authority for VTS, Statutory Harbour Authorities, VTS Authorities and educational institutes in the furtherance of education and training in personnel responsible for VTS operations.
- Facilitate the exchange of good professional practice.
- Provide a forum for discussion, debate and research aimed at improving VTS and to publish the results thereof.
- Encourage, foster and develop collaboration and good relations among VTS Centres nationwide.
- Represent the views of the membership in national and international forums.
- Collect, collate and supply information of professional interest to the membership.
- Establish and maintain liaison with other professional associations whose membership have like interests in the safety and effectiveness of port and marine operations.
A PDF of the Constitution & Rules is available here